Toys that Encourage Language and Imagination with Cubbie Lee
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Cubbie Lee Toys, all opinions are my own.
With a three year old and a 10 month old, we have accumulated a lot of toys over the years. As a (wannabe) minimalist, it drives me insane. I can’t tell you the amount of boxes we donate.
As a teacher, I am very particular when it comes to toys, and I always search for toys that encourage development, language, imagination and motor skills – with a huge emphasis on language and imagination.
Here is what I avoid when looking for toys:
- Toys that make noise for the child (for the obvious reason that they are annoying as all heck, but it also takes away the imaginative part, as well as the language) (and I’m not talking squeaky/ crinkle because those are great for development)
- Plastic (breakable, cheap, not healthy, not sustainable)
- Toys that have 1 purpose. First of all, that means you end up with too many toys. Second of all, that again takes away from using their imagination.
Here is what I do look for in toys:
- Sustainable – Cubbie Lee Toys are wooden, amazing quality, and made to last
- Multi- Use – I love toys that take children into their own world. With blocks there are endless possibilities.
- Educational – I love that I can teach my boys with their toys. The blocks have the alphabet on them, so we can practice letters and spelling as we play.
- Wide age range – although Cubbie Lee has ages recommendations, many of their toys can be used for a huge age range.
There are so many reasons why Cubbie Lee is a great company.
We pledge to have a minimal environmental impact and to hold our family company up to the highest standards. Whether you’re buying your Cubbie Lee toy for your own little one or as a gift, we want everyone that shops with us to know that they’re buying something that they can feel great about.
Their toys are affordable, great quality, always ship for free, and will keep your kiddos entertained. These simple wooden toys last forever, encourage language development and imagination.
One of my favorite parts of motherhood has been watching my oldest play quietly alone. Seeing him make different sounds and come up with different stories is amazing and oh so cute. These moments always come with the simplest toys like Cubbie Lee Toys.